After an incredibly dramatic (and expensive) January, the transfer window is now closed. But now we’re heading into summer and the rumors are already in full force! The latest transfer news, gossip and buzz — plus all the deals that have been made.
TOP STORY: Barcelona, Atletico, Milan Aubameyang
Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and AC Milan are on the lookout Pierre-Emerick AubameyangChelsea’s omission from the Champions League squad, as reported by the Daily Mail.
In the time since Chelsea manager Graham Potter’s decision was announced earlier this week, throwing Aubameyang’s future at Stamford Bridge into doubt, the trio of European giants have all made inquiries ahead of a potential summer move.
Barcelona had already shown eagerness to re-sign Aubameyang in January, but any hopes of that happening were dashed by concerns over Financial Fair Play rules.
Potter had to leave out a player to be able to register three of Chelsea’s new signings for their Champions League side, and it was a surprise to many that Aubameyang was the man to miss out.
This comes as the forward has already struggled to establish himself as a consistent figure at Stamford Bridge ahead of the upcoming competition, with Kai Havertz often used in attack.
Since leaving him out of the squad, Potter has praised Aubameyang’s behavior and insisted the striker did nothing wrong.
However, there are suspicions among some of those close to Aubameyang that Chelsea are aiming to offload the striker in a bid to build a younger squad and tackle the club’s wage bill.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
– Lazio has scheduled a meeting to discuss Sergei Milinkovich-SavicThe Serbian international’s contract situation, with the Serbian international’s current deal expiring in 2024, reports Calciomercato, who add that the midfielder has stated that he does not want to leave on a free transfer. Juventus have frozen their interest in Milinkovic-Savic due to financial concerns, while Newcastle want him and have contacted his agent.
– Mundo Deportivo reports that Bayern Munich are eyeing Barcelona Ansu Fati and are pushing hard to sign the 20-year-old. The Bavarians have yet to make an offer, while Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham are also looking at him.
– West Ham manager David Moyes was asked if Rice DeclanHis departure is inevitable and, according to The Independent, he replied: “I hope not, I hope he sees out his time here.” The Scot continued: “But look, there’s a lot of talk about it and when you see what’s going on with the prices, I think December will blow it up. [price] out of the water, that’s for sure, when he comes around,” referring to the Premier League record fee of £106.8m Chelsea paid to sign him Enzo Fernandez from Benfica.
– Fabrizio Romano has suggested that FC Salzburg plan forward Noah Okafor is to join a club in a top league during the summer. English and German clubs wanted to sign the Switzerland international in January, but he chose to wait until the summer to prepare for a big move.
– Two Brazilian clubs are hoping to sign the Fenerbahce winger Diego Rossi borrowed, according to Ekrem Konour. The Uruguayan, who previously represented LAFC, has three goals and 10 assists in 32 appearances in all competitions this season.