If you are looking to find more Conjuration Spellcrafts, you should look for the swarms of butterflies scattered around Hogwarts and the wider map. These butterflies will flutter in a group and when approached, they will begin to spin very quickly before revealing a hidden chest. Most can be found in the wild, but one chest can only be found by completing it Follow the Butterflies Questline, so let’s take a look at where to find all 15 butterfly chests.
Follow the Butterflies quest
Image 1 of 2
After the first encounter with the troll in Hogsmeade, return to The Three Broomsticks and eventually, you will meet a character named Clementine Willardsey. He will ask you to follow some butterflies deep into the Forbidden Forest. To start, fast travel to the Forbidden Forest Floo marker, then head north—a butterfly icon will appear on your minimap, and you’ll see a swarm of colorful insects soon enough.
Follow them for a few minutes and they’ll reveal a chest, as with all butterfly swarms.
Butterfly chest locations
Butterflies don’t stay still—they’ll move around in the area they’re in, and depending on where you spot them, you may have a shorter or longer viewing time. Here you can find the other 14 butterfly locations from your nearest Floo Flame location or home:
Image 1 of 14
- North East of Pitt-Upon-Ford
- Southwest of Jackdaw’s Tomb, near Niffler Lair
- East of Jackdaw’s grave, north of treasure
- East of Hogsmeade, south of East Hogsmeade
- On the rocks to the southwest of the Quidditch pitch
- South of Aranshire
- North of Priya Treadwell in Feldcroft, southeast of North Feldcroft
- Southeast of Feldcroft Catacomb
- East of Central Hogwarts Valley Floo Flame
- West of Keenbridge, near the ruins
- Near the bandit camp castle, east of Kinbridge
- North of Poitser Castle
- South coast of Poitser
- North of the Clagmar Coast area, south of the bandit camp