Thinking of selling your services on Fiverr? This How to Sell on Fiverr The guide has everything you need to know to start your freelance career and make money on Fiverr. It also has some proven Fiverr tips for making good money in this ever-popular online freelance marketplace.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr was founded by Micha Kaufman and Shai Wininger in 2010. It is one of the largest online marketplaces for buying and selling digital services. Buyers must pay Fiverr in advance to purchase services.
Currently, sellers receive 80% of the total order value. For example, if your service costs $10, you will receive $8 for the completed order.
What is a Fiverr Gig?
Fiverr Gig is a service that you offer to sell on the platform. It’s your chance to showcase your skills and talent to potential buyers. If you want potential customers to show interest in your services, Gig packages should include all the basic information they might need before placing orders.
Successful freelancers on Fiverr use Gig Extras to make more money online. Gig Extras are additional services that can fit into your Gig packages.
For example, you can add “Expedited Delivery” as a Gig Extra to your Gig package. Buyers need to pay extra money if they want faster delivery than the standard processing time listed in your listing. And be sure to follow the latest trends happening in the community so you can learn how to make money on Fiverr with those new trends or tools the company provides.
Why should you start selling services on Fiverr?
Here are the reasons why you should start selling on Fiverr.
- You can supplement your regular income by offering digital services through Fiverr
- Selling on Fiverr allows you to set your work hours and take on as many or as few jobs as you want
- You don’t need any money to start selling on Fiverr, as creating a Fiverr account and your Gig is free
- You can reach buyers from all over the world
- You can offer any digital service that fits your skill set. From digital marketing to photography, you can choose from a wide range of services to start selling
What should you sell on Fiverr?
There is stiff competition on Fiverr. Therefore, if you want to stand out from other sellers, you should start selling digital services that you can offer with perfection.
Some popular categories for buying and selling digital services on Fiverr include, but are not limited to:
- Digital marketing
- Graphic design
- Writing & Translation
- Videos & Animations
- Programming & Tech
Any digital service is suitable for making money on Fiverr, as long as you can provide quality work that pleases your buyers. Choose a category in which you shine. And start creating gigs that can attract potential buyers.
How to sell services on Fiverr
Here is a step-by-step Fiverr tutorial to start your career as a Fiverr freelancer.
1. Sign up for a Fiverr account
It’s easy to join Fiverr and start selling your digital services. Visit the Fiverr website and click the Become a Seller button. You have the option to continue with Facebook, Google or Apple ID. You can also register on Fiverr with an email id.
2. Create a winning seller profile
After creating your Fiverr account, the next step is to complete your profile. You should understand that your Fiverr profile is your first introduction to potential buyers. A complete profile with all relevant information inspires trust and confidence in buyers.
Therefore, you should make sure that:
- Use a professional profile photo
- Write a clear, concise profile description to let buyers get to know you as a person. You can also list additional expertise in the description section
- Connect social media channels to inspire trust and authenticity
- Add information about your education and relevant certification
You can consider earning some badges by learning from Fiverr to make your profile stand out from other Fiverr sellers.
3. Create winning gigs
So you have created your Fiverr profile. Now is the time to create your first show.
Here are some tips for landing a profitable gig:
- Write a concise Gig title to let buyers know what you’re offering. Don’t forget to include relevant keywords in your gig title
- Research the most frequently used search tags related to your services in your Gig. Fiverr allows you to include up to five related tags, so include them strategically
- Write a clear gig description that aptly describes your digital service
- An image, video or PDF can further explain your concert. Therefore, you should use relevant images, videos or PDFs in your Gig gallery
When it comes to pricing your Gig, Fiverr allows you to offer up to three different packages – basic package, standard package and premium package. Pricing for your Gig may vary depending on lead time, number of revisions offered, Gig add-ons, etc.
4. Promote your concerts
If you are a new seller, you should promote your gigs aggressively to reach more interested buyers.
Here are some ways to promote your Fiverr gigs and services:
- Send cold emails to potential buyers
- Promote your concerts on social media platforms
- Spread the word about the services on your Youtube channel if you have one
- Run paid ads to improve the visibility of your gigs in Fiverr search results
You can also write blog posts about how your services can help potential sellers and include links to Fiverr gigs in your posts. This can help you reach many customers if these blog posts are ranked higher in search engine results.
5. Try to become a top rated seller
Active days on the platform, number of completed orders, past earnings, star rating, on-time delivery and various other factors help sellers achieve different Fiverr Seller levels.
If you are a top rated seller on Fiverr, you can create up to 30 active gigs and include six Extras per gig. You can also create custom offers (up to $20,000 each).
Therefore, you should strive to achieve a top seller level to increase your earning potential. And the company is providing new tools to make sellers more successful. Fiver is launching the Seller Plus Loyalty Program for sellers to do just that.
6. Become a Fiverr Pro User
If you are serious about selling on Fiverr, you should consider becoming a Fiverr Pro user. Fiverr Pro is currently open to select categories.
If you sell your services in these categories, you can take advantage of the following benefits after becoming a Fiverr Pro:
- Faster payment clearance
- Dedicated Success Manager to help you maximize Fiverr
- Better search view
- Higher price limit for Gigs
Additionally, the Pro badge on your profile can signal to potential buyers that you are highly specialized in what you offer. This will help you get more customers on Fiverr.
7. Use the Fiverr Mobile app for direct communication
Whether it’s Fiverr or any other online freelance marketplace, direct communication is key to turning prospects into customers. This is why many sellers who earn well on Fiverr use the Fiverr mobile app.
So you must use Fiverr mobile app to make your Fiverr journey successful.
Top Tips for Fiverr Success
Here are five proven tips to help you make more money online on Fiverr:
- There are many sellers on Fiverr offering similar gigs to you. Therefore, you should make your Fiverr profile stand out
- Use SEO-friendly language and keywords in your profile and listings so potential buyers can quickly find you
- Include a portfolio to showcase your skills and expertise. This will help you convince your client of the quality of the work you deliver
- More 5-star ratings from buyers will build your good reputation on the platform. Consequently, your gigs will rank higher and reach more potential buyers
- You need to use Gig Extras to increase your gig sales.
You should also aggressively promote your gigs outside of platforms to reach more potential buyers who may be interested in your services.
Asking for referrals from satisfied customers can be a good marketing strategy for finding new customers. Ask your best customers to spread the word about your gigs.
How much does it cost to sell on Fiverr?
It costs nothing to sell on Fiverr. The platform does not charge any subscription or registration fees. You don’t have to pay any fees to list your digital services on Fiverr. However, Fiverr takes a 20% cut of your earnings as a seller. So you will get 80% of every transaction.
How Much Money Can Fiverr Sellers Make?
The money you earn on Fiverr depends on the category you choose to sell your services in and the time you spend on the platform. 96% of Fiverr freelancers earn less than $500 per month.
Some freelancers earn six figures on Fiverr. You can increase your earnings by choosing a profitable category, spending more time working on Fiverr, and including Extras in your gigs.
Can a Newbie Make Money with Fiverr Gigs?
Yes, a beginner can earn money with Fiverr Gigs. Fiverr allows sellers to sell their digital services for as little as $5, making the platform a great place for beginners to start their freelance careers.
How is Fiverr different from other freelance marketplaces?
Fiverr is a unique online marketplace that connects buyers with sellers. Unlike any other online freelance marketplace, clients don’t post a job and have freelancers apply for the same on Fiverr. Instead, they have to buy from already listed Fiverr Gigs. So you need to learn the art of creating convincing Fiverr Gigs to win buyers.
More at: How to sell