The fashion industry is constantly changing, especially when it comes to the way fashion brands market their products. Influencer marketing has become an increasingly popular trend in industries like beauty and fashion, and having a great influencer campaign can make a big difference for brands. We’ll look at some of the top fashion influencers to follow and work with if you want to grow your influencer marketing efforts.
What is a fashion influencer?
A fashion influencer is someone who has amassed a large following on their fashion blog on platforms such as Instagram and Facebook. Fashion influencers post about the latest fashion trends, share their personal style and provide fashion advice and fashion tips.
The fashion industry in 2023
The fashion industry has shown steady growth year after year, especially as fashion blogging becomes more popular. There is now greater market awareness and interest in fashion trends, especially luxury fashion. The fashion industry in 2023 is currently predicted to show industry-wide growth.
Why your brand should consider partnering with a Fashion Influencer
If you’re launching your own clothing line or fashion brand, working with a style influencer can be extremely beneficial to your brand. You should also be like yourself how influencers make money as well as how much influencers earn per post. Here are some reasons to consider working with fashion influencers:
- Create awareness: If you want to increase awareness of your fashion brand, working with a fashion influencer should be an important part of your social media marketing strategy. Influencer partnerships are vital to introducing your brand to new audiences.
- Increase coverage: Working with a top fashion influencer ensures that you get exposure for your brand and have your own collection featured on popular fashion blogs as a result, which is great for your overall PR strategy.
- Critical to Social Media Marketing: For leading fashion brands, increasing their presence on social media platforms is an integral part of their overall marketing strategy. Clothing lines with a social media presence are much more likely to see better sales, especially if you partner with an influencer that fits the brand well.
Top fashion influences in 2023
1. Chrissy Rutherford – 168k followers
Chrissy Rutherford is one of Instagram’s top fashion influencers and has worked with many well-known luxury fashion brands through collaborations and other influencer marketing campaigns.
Chrissy Rutherford has built a following thanks to her unique street style and fashion sense, and has been in the world of social media for over a decade.
2. Cole Sprouse – 35m followers
Cole Sprouse is an actor, photographer and one of the top fashion influencers on Instagram right now with a dedicated following.
Although perhaps best known for his acting, Cole Sprouse is becoming an emerging style icon when it comes to men’s fashion and has a unique sense of style that fans really resonate with.
3. Pernille Teisbaek – 1.4 million followers
Pernille Teisbaek is a fashion influencer based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Pernille is a stylist, brand consultant and fashion influencer with a large following on social media platforms due to her unique look and style.
Known for her minimalist, chic style and lifestyle content, Pernille Teisbaek has amassed a large following on social media.
4. Irene Kim – 2.7 million followers
Irene Kim is a Korean American fashion influencer and one of the top fashion influencers on Instagram. Irene Kim is a fashion blogger who has collaborated with many top brands and has her own fashion lines. Known for her street style and creative looks, she has built a strong personal and clothing brand.
5. Danielle Bernstein – 3.1 million followers
Danielle Bernstein is one of the top style influencers on social media who has her own record label while also running a popular fashion blog. Danielle Bernstein is a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology and has her own lifestyle blog. She is one of the top Instagram fashion influencers right now in the fashion world.
6. Mariano Di Vaio – 6.7 million followers
Mariano Di Vaio is an Italian fashion designer and blogger with a resume of creative director positions at fashion brands such as Hugo Boss and Dolce & Gabbana.
Mariano Di Vaio is one of the top Instagram fashion influencers for men and has built successful brands for himself as well as highlighting men’s style in the fashion industry.
7. Camila Coelho – 9.8 million followers
If you’re looking for top fashion influencers, Camila Coelho is the one to consider. Camila Coelho is a designer and influencer known for her unique style.
Camila Coelho has worked with many of the top brands in the fashion world and her collaborations include collaborations with brands such as Christian Dior and Tory Burch, and her lifestyle content is constantly garnering a lot of views and attention.
8. Essie Golden – 182k followers
Essie Golden is one of the most popular fashion bloggers on Instagram and has built her brand by promoting a positive body image and has become a plus-size style icon. Known for her eclectic style, bold color choices and unique looks, Essie Golden has become a favorite for beauty and fashion brands looking to reach new audiences.
9. Charlotte Saunders – 570k followers
If you’re looking for top fashion influencers on Instagram, Charlotte Saunders fits the bill. Charlotte Saunders is one of the most popular fashion bloggers on social media and has built a following for herself through her chic, minimal style. Her distinct personal style and lifestyle content have made her very popular on Instagram. Charlotte Sanders
Instagram also features lifestyle and other types of content, all documented in its own style for followers to enjoy.
10. Rochelle Johnson – 431k followers
Rochelle Johnson is a plus-size fashion blogger and style consultant from the US. Her platform is built to inspire women and promote body positivity, similar to Essie Golden, and her Instagram account has seen steady growth over time.
Rochelle Johnson has partnered with brands like Nordstrom and Walmart to introduce affordable fashion options for plus size women.
11. Noha Nabil – 12.3 million followers
Noha Nabil is a Youtuber and social media influencer from Kuwait. She ranks as one of the most influential Arab women on social media and has collaborated with major fashion houses such as Fendi, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy and others. She has grown her following through her Instagram account and Youtube channel. Noha Nabil has since launched her lifestyle brand, including cosmetics and beauty products that are gaining popularity.
12. Chiara Ferragni – 28.4m followers
Arguably one of the top fashion influencers on social media platforms like Instagram, Chiara Ferragni’s fashion blog is an important part of a new era in fashion blogging. Chiara Ferragni started her career as a blogger and was featured in Teen Vogue for Blog of the Year. Chiara Ferragni also has her own fashion label alongside her blogging and has built a hugely popular brand, establishing herself as one of the top fashion influencers in the space.
13. Xenia – 2.1 million followers
Xenia is a Swiss-Russian fashion influencer and was ranked as one of the most influential women in the world at one point. She often attends fashion shows while also establishing herself as one of the top fashion influences right now. Xenia’s blog highlights her luxury fashion aesthetic, as well as her travels, as part of her overall lifestyle brand.
These top beauty influencers resonate across different platforms, so top TikTok Influencers can also be huge YouTube influencers, as well as have a presence on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and more.
How to find a Fashion Influencer
Finding top fashion influencers can often be difficult for brands, but here are some ways to search for the best influencer for your brand:
- See the fashion blogs: Many of the top fashion influencers currently on social media are consistently covered by fashion blogs, and you can find the right influencer depending on the style you’re looking for. Additionally, many fashion blogs cover specific types of styles such as street, luxury, minimal and more and will feature top influencers as examples.
- Look for fashion people: Many fashion influencers also have professional roles within the industry, e.g. as fashion editors for magazines or other publications. You can find industry influencers by searching for professionals.
- Research collaborations: Collaborations can give you a good insight into the kind of fashion the influencer is into and what their audience is like. Many of the top fashion influencers have done big campaigns on Instagram with luxury fashion and beauty brands like Louis Vuitton, Giorgio Armani Beauty and top retail brands that you can use as a springboard to find influencers for your campaigns.
Who is the biggest fashion influencer?
The biggest fashion influencer is Chiara Ferragni, as she focuses exclusively on her Instagram blog and clothing brands. However, she has appeared in top fashion publications and collaborated with some of the biggest names in fashion during her career.
Which top influencer is also a fashion designer?
Danielle Bernstein is a top influencer who is also a fashion designer and has her own clothing and lifestyle brands.
Which influencers have collaborated with the biggest fashion brands?
Chiara Ferragni, Mariano Di Vaio and Camila Coelho are influencers who have worked with some of the biggest fashion brands in the world in terms of collaborations and partnerships.
Which fashion influencer has the most followers on Instagram?
Chiara Ferragni is one of the most popular fashion influencers right now and has the most followers on Instagram.
Image: Envato Elements
More at: Marketing Strategy